ATEL Capital Group is an international financial services company that for over 37 years has offered its clients a wide array of financial solutions including equipment leasing, asset-based lending, venture finance, lease administration and asset management. Since its inception, ATEL has sponsored sixteen publicly registered programs as well as nine private investment programs.
Junior Associate In-House Counsel (Contract Position)
San Francisco, California
The Junior Associate in-house (contract) counsel position requires a minimum of 1-2 plus years transactional equipment leasing, venture debt financing, asset based lending or other relevant transactional experience.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary support for Sr. Associate Counsel for transactional work.
- Due diligence and on-boarding of investors, investor communications, Fund administration
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting equipment lease, secured loans, and venture debt financing transactions, including funding and contract administration. Work will involve primarily syndicated transactions and over-flow new master lease and venture loan negotiations.
- Provide legal advice structuring, negotiating and documenting remarketing transactions.
- Provide legal advice for commercial real property transactions, including office leases and property management agreements.
- Provide legal support, advice, and assistance to the General Counsel as to general corporate matters, including corporate/entity formation, private placement memoranda, management and regulatory compliance.
- Provide legal support, advice, and assistance as to SEC and FINRA broker/dealer and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide legal support, advice, and assistance on capital and Fund formation and management.
- Assist on litigation and dispute resolution matters, including bankruptcy and credit work out.
- Assist General Counsel on all matters, including HR, IT, and administrative matters where needed.
- Juris Doctorate
- 1-2 plus years relevant experience in transactional equipment leasing/secured lending.
- Financial transaction and finance knowledge
- Corporate, Uniform Commercial Code, employee/labor, and some intellectual property and securities knowledge required.
Send resume, salary history and a brief explanation of why you are the best fit for this position.