Larry Lutz, CRPC®Regional Vice President
- Larry Lutz re-joins ATEL as Northwest Regional Senior Vice President of ATEL Securities Corporation. Previously at ATEL he was the Northwest Regional Internal Wholesaler, paired with Leesa Nichols. Prior to returning to ATEL, Mr. Lutz worked as Divisional Vice President at AIG covering the NYSE regional firms for California and Nevada. Mr. Lutz has also held previous wholesaler positions with Transamerica and ING, responsible for sales of fixed and variable annuity products. Mr. Lutz is an United States Navy veteran where he served aboard the U.S.S. Nimitz during Operation Desert Shield. Mr. Lutz obtained his BSBA from the University of West Florida and currently holds his FINRA Series 7, 63, and 22 licenses.
Stephen Griffin SikesRegional Marketing Director
800-543-2835 ext. 3487
- Stephen Griffin Sikes is presently the Regional Director of Marketing for the Northwest United States. He joined ATEL as an Investor Service Representative. In that role, he was responsible for client and broker inquiries, custodial and third-party issue resolution, and the communication of solutions for ATEL clients. Prior to joining ATEL, Mr. Sikes served as a Client Liaison with ServiceLink, a provider of field services to the mortgage and finance industries. While at ServiceLink, Mr. Sikes was responsible for the management of client, vendor and investor relationships, urgent issue resolution and the preservation of real estate assets. Mr. Sikes holds a BA in Political Science from the University of North Florida.
Jeffrey RosenthalRegional Vice President
- Jeffrey Rosenthal returns to ATEL Securities as our Southwest Regional Vice President and has been a Registered Representative since 2006. Jeffrey began his financial career as an Institutional Fixed Income Trader with Finance 500, Inc., followed by 4 years as an Internal Wholesaler with ATEL Securities. He went on to work with individuals, families and small business owners as a Financial Advisor with New England Financial/MetLife. He now rejoins ATEL as our SW Regional Vice President! A UCSB alumni, he resides in Las Vegas, Nevada where he enjoys spending time with his girlfriend, exploring the outdoors and is an avid ice hockey fan.
Anthony RussoRegional Marketing Director
800-543-2835 ext. 3464
- Anthony Russo joined ATEL as a Regional Marketing Director. Prior to joining ATEL, Mr. Russo managed Cargo Operations as the Lead Superintendent for Ports America at the Port of Oakland. While at Ports America, Mr. Russo was responsible for all phases of terminal operations including customer relations, efficiency and production analytics, planning and execution of over 17 vessel operations per week. Mr. Russo holds a BSEBA with a focus in Honors Financial Services from St. Mary’s College of California.
Brian Sumner, CFP®, CIMA®Regional Vice President
- Brian Sumner joined ATEL as Southeast Regional Vice President for ATEL Securities Corporation. Prior to joining ATEL, Mr. Sumner worked as Vice President with Calamos Investments, where he managed their alternative strategy distribution with a focus on Financial Advisor, RIA and Institutional relationships. Prior to Calamos, Mr. Sumner held similar positions with Curian Capital, Trust Company of America and TIAA Asset Management. Mr. Sumner holds a BA from the University of Kentucky and currently maintains his FINRA Series 7, 24, 63, 65 licenses. In addition, Mr. Sumner is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and a Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®).
Steven SaulqueRegional Senior Marketing Director
800-543-2835 ext. 3495
- Steven Saulque joined ATEL as Regional Marketing Director of ATEL Securities Corporation . Prior to joining ATEL, Mr. Saulque was an Internal Sales Consultant at Salient responsible for the sales and distribution of alternative investment mutual funds, limited partnerships, master limited partnerships and separately managed accounts to the wirehouse, independent broker-dealer and RIA channels.
Mr. Saulque obtained his BA from California State University, Sacramento and currently holds his FINRA 7 and 66 licenses.
Ryan SowardsRegional Vice President
- Ryan Sowards joins ATEL as Central Regional Vice President for ATEL Securities Corporation. Prior to joining ATEL, Mr. Sowards was the Great Lakes Regional Vice President for Moody Securities. While at Moody Securities, Mr. Sowards was responsible for the sales efforts for the territory he managed. Mr. Sowards holds a BA from Stephen F. Austin State University and currently holds his FINRA Series license 7 and 63.
Andrew WitherowRegional Vice President
- Andrew Witherow joined ATEL as Northeast Regional Vice President. Prior to joining ATEL, Mr. Witherow was the Managing Director for Destra Capital in the New England area. While at Destra he specialized in sales of Mutual Funds, Closed End Funds and Business Development Companies. Prior to that Mr. Witherow was a Senior Internal Sales Consultant for Janus Capital Group. Mr. Witherow holds an MBA in Finance & International Business from Regis University and a BA in Economics from Colorado State University. Mr. Witherow currently holds his FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses.
- Executive Vice President, National Sales Manager; ATEL Securities
- 800-543-2835ext. 3458
- Leesa J. Nichols, joins ATEL as the Executive Vice President/National Sales Manager for ATEL Securities Corporation. Prior to joining the team, Ms. Nichols was Vice President and Regional Director for Steben & Company, Inc. While at Steben, Ms. Nichols was responsible for growing the distribution base in both the Broker-Dealer and the RIA channels throughout the Western Region of the United States. Ms. Nichols obtained her BA from the University of Oklahoma and currently holds her FINRA Series license 3, 6, 22, 30, and 63.
James E. Ryan, CPA
- Executive Vice President- ATEL Securities Corporation
- James Ryan joined ATEL in 2007 as Vice President of ATEL Capital Group responsible for strategic initiatives. In 2010, Mr. Ryan was named Executive Vice President of Securities. In this role, he overseas key account relationships, marketing, due diligence and training and development. Prior to joining ATEL, Mr. Ryan was the coordinating partner with Ernst &Young for projects with ATEL Capital Group. Mr. Ryan's experience and clients included GATX Capital, Grubb & Ellis, Legacy Partners, Marcus & Millichap, Sutro & Company, 3 Com, Vantage Point Venture Partners and Weiss, Peck & Greer. Mr. Ryan was an adjunct professor teaching federal corporate taxation for Golden Gate University's Masters in Tax program from 1990 to 2000. Mr. Ryan holds a Bachelor of Science from Santa Clara University, and an M.B.A. from Golden Gate University.
- Vice President & Chief Compliance Officer, Investor Services
- Randy Fox joined ATEL in early 2007 as a Regional Director for the Southwest territory and in late 2008 was promoted to Vice President & Chief Compliance Officer. Mr. Fox works closely with the National Sales Manager and the Executive Vice President of Broker – Dealer Relations as well as assists in the management of the Investor Services department. Mr. Fox started his career with Franklin Templeton as part of their Wholesaling team, he left Franklin Templeton to assume a role as a Regional Vice President with US Allianz Securities. After he was employed with US Allianz, Mr. Fox moved into a role as a Financial Advisor with Citicorp Investment Services before returning to Wholesaling with ATEL Securities Corp. Mr. Fox holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Vice President National Accounts
- Day Thomas joins ATEL as Vice President National Accounts for ATEL Securities Corporation. Prior to joining ATEL, Mr. Thomas was the National Accounts Manager for Realty Capital Securities. While at RCS, Mr. Thomas was responsible for growing the IBD Channel distribution relationships and business development of liquid alternatives, initiating and developing key account relationships, marketing and due diligence. Mr. Thomas holds a BA from Texas State University and currently holds his FINRA Series license 6, 7, and 63.